Global sales of battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) have updated their monthly record. This was reported by Rho Motion, a market research company, according to Reuters.

In November of this year, sales of electric vehicles in the world amounted to 1.4 million units. This is a 20% increase compared to November last year, when sales were estimated at 1.1 million units.

Rho Motion explains that strong growth in North America and China offset lower sales in Europe.

“Sales have continued to rise despite a lot of negative sentiment in the market and we’re expecting sales to remain strong in December,” the company added.

According to Rho Motion, BEVs accounted for 70% of global electric vehicle sales in November, with PHEVs accounting for the remaining 30%. In China, sales grew by 25%, and in the United States and Canada – by 43%. In Europe, however, this figure decreased by 3%.

Earlier it was reported that Ukrainian car fleet was replenished with 4316 battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) in November 2023. Compared to November 2022, the demand for electric vehicles has almost tripled, but compared to October this year, the market has decreased by 4%.