Lesser Evil publisher announced the release of the Crimean Tatar localization of the game about operators of Ukrainian military drones Death From Above by Finnish studio Rockodile. This seems to be the first game on Steam to have a Crimean Tatar language.

The entire game text, including menus and subtitles, was translated into Crimean Tatar by native speakers. In addition, the game has new content – Crimean Tatar skins for the drone and the operator.

“The people of Crimea, the home of the Crimean Tatars, have been living under Russian occupation for nine years now,” says Lesser Evil CEO Hendrik Lesser, “The destruction of language and culture are the main signs of violent imperialism. That’s why we have long wanted to translate Death From Above into the native language of the indigenous people of Crimea.”

Death From Above is an arcade drone flying simulator set during the Russian invasion of Ukraine. You play as a Ukrainian military drone operator who fights the invaders, collects valuable equipment, and restores communication lines.

30% of the net profit from the game’s sales is donated to Ukrainian charities, the Come Back Alive and the Drone Army foundations. As soon as the development pays off, the amount of donations will increase to 70% of net profit, and the remaining 30% will be used to develop new content for the game. In April 2023, the company has already transferred €7500 under this scheme, and a separate donation of €2500 went to the victims of the criminal destruction of the Kakhovka hydroelectric power plant by the Russians.

Death From Above is available in Steam Early Access for 225 UAH. The game has very favorable reviews and a Steam rating of 98%. Judging by the statistics, the game’s sales are 6-8.5 thousand copies, which is quite good for a niche indie project.