Apple has released iOS 16.4, which is the fourth major update to the iOS 16 operating system that was first launched in September 2022. The company has also started rolling out iOS 15.7.4 to older devices, which offers security improvements.
In the iOS 16.4 update predictive input for the Ukrainian keyboard finally appeared, as well as the possibility of input using gestures. In addition, the developers added 21 new emoji symbols, including animals, hand gestures and objects such as a pink heart, a blue heart, a donkey, a moose and a jellyfish. The update also includes new features such as Voice Isolation for clearer voice transmission during calls over the cellular network, Safari web notifications for websites added to the Home screen, Apple Books page-turning animations, updates to podcasts and HomeKit, and other changes and improvements.
Among other innovations in the iOS 16.4 update:
- VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app;
- Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected;
- Оптимізація виявлення збоїв на моделях iPhone 14 і 14 Pro;
- Fixes an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children may fail to appear on the parent’s device;
- Виправлена проблема в роботі деяких термостатів, сумісних з Matter, в парі з Apple Home;
- Addresses issues where Matter-compatible thermostats could become unresponsive when paired to Apple Home.
According to Apple’s update notes, iOS 16.4 could be among the last major updates to the iOS 16 operating system as the company shifts its focus to iOS 17. The new version of the software is expected to be announced at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June.