Some not-so-good russians say they hacked GSC Game World’s Discord server, gained access to private channels, and leaked 30GB of data from the game’s mid-2019 alpha version. Now, these wannabe cyber terrorists are blackmailing the developers. We do not give links to russian game sites; if you need sources, look for them yourself. We also do not provide screenshots, they are frankly early and bad.
So far, the not-so-good russians demand from GSC Game World:
1. Come to your senses, rethink your attitude towards players from Belarus and Russia, and apologize for the unworthy attitude toward ordinary players from these countries;
2. Unban the profile of some guy on the official Discord;
3. A separate issue is the return of the Russian localization (meaning the russian dubbing – ed. note). It is not necessary to spoil people’s game because of politics.
If GSC Game World doesn’t apologize by March 15th, 2023, the criminals are threatening… it’s not really clear what exactly they’re threatening there. But the inadequacy can be seen in the following fragment.
“The fact that we didn’t share all the material shows our friendly attitude toward you, after all your unfriendly actions. Please show adequacy and correct the situation. Don’t let the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe die because of your politicization – stagnation is already felt very seriously, and therefore it is time to establish relations with the community.”
The editorial team of Mezha offers the following:
1. Ignore the idiots and keep developing the game;
2. Permanently remove from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Heart of Chornobyl russian language, including text and subtitles;
3. Check internal security systems, because such leaks usually do not happen without help (we are not implying anything, but the company has russian employees).
We hope that someday all developers and publishers will understand that everything that is even slightly linked to russia and russians is toxic and stinks, it is better to avoid it as much as possible.
GSC Game World studio posted an official message regarding the stolen information and blackmail In short, no negotiations with terrorists. Everything will be Ukraine!
— S.T.A.L.K.E.R. OFFICIAL (@stalker_thegame) March 12, 2023