According to a report, published by the US Congress, the amount of military assistance to Ukraine from August 2021 is $4.2 billion. But what is more interesting, in the list of equipment as of June 1, 2022, already provided to the Armed Forces, you can see M142 HIMARS and 20 Мі-17 helicopters.
And although the exact number of already transferred M142 HIMARS is not specified in the report, most likely it is at least a battery, i.e. 6 launchers. As for the Mi-17, the number of 16 vehicles was mentioned, and as it turned out – 20 of them, and they are already in Ukraine.
In total, the report mentions the following weapons, which have already been handed over to Ukraine:
- HIMARS highly mobile artillery missile systems and ammunition;
- 1,400+ Stinger MANPADS; ;
- 6,500+ Javelin anti-tank missiles and more than 20,000 other anti-tank systems;
- 21+ Phoenix Ghost drones;;
- 700+ Switchblade drones;
- 108 155-mm howitzers and 220,000 shells to them;
- 20 Mi-17 helicopters;
- hundreds of Humvee armored vehicles;
- 200 M113 armored personnel carriers;
- more than 7,000 small arms and more than 50 million ammunition;
- laser-guided missile systems;
- other non-lethal equipment, including communications and intelligence.
One could tell Germany to learn from this example, but it makes no sense.