Google, Apple and Microsoft maps can be requested to hide images of your private home. Apple CEO Tim Cook has already used to this feature due to stalking problems – however it is also available to ordinary users.
To hide the house, services blur its image. Keep in mind that it will be impossible to restore it. At least Google Maps will blur it forever. Apple and Microsoft do not specify whether this can be revoked, but they may follow the same protocol or introduce it in the future.
- Find your home on the website or in the application.
- Switch to Street View mode. To do this, click on the image that appears while viewing the object.
- Next, click on the three dots in the upper left corner (web version) or in the upper right corner (appendix) and select “Report a problem”.
- You will need to fill out a form that contains Street View images and a red square. Make sure the area to be blurred is exactly square.
- Select “My Home” in the “Blur Request” section and be sure to enter your email address below. Click Submit.
- You can later receive a letter from Google that will request additional information.
- Go to Look Around – this is Apple’s Street View version. To do this, click on the Look Around icon, which appears when you mark a map or search for a specific address.
- Images in Look Around are not as legible as in Street View, so first make sure the house is really visible.
- Maps do not have an internal tool to blur its image. You will need to send an email to [email protected].
- Apple does not give specific recommendations that should be in the letter. At the very least, it should include the address of your home. You can also add a photo of the house, highlighting which part should be blurred.
- These maps have a web version and a Windows application, and Street View is called StreetSide.
- In the upper right corner, point to Road (this is the standard view) and select StreetSide. Then click on the blue line on the map.
- On the site, click on “Report a privacy issue” at the bottom left. In the Windows application, select “Report a problem” at the bottom right.
- You will be taken to the form to fill out. Enter your e-mail address, click on the part of the image you want to remove, and select “House” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Submit” to submit your request to Microsoft. The company does not provide much information about the blurring process, but will most likely let you know when the request is completed.