Every year, Apple celebrates the best applications and games in its own App Store. The company distributes such awards in various categories and highlights the best applications on various devices.
This year, the laureates in applications were:
- iPhone App of the Year: BeReal by BeReal;
- iPad App of the Year: GoodNotes 5 by Time Base Technology Limited;
- Mac App of the Year: MacFamilyTree 10 by Synium Software GmbH;
- Apple TV App of the Year: ViX by TelevisaUnivision Interactive, Inc.;
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Gentler Streak by Gentler Stories LLC.
Among the games of the year were awarded:
- iPhone: Apex Legends Mobile from Electronic Arts;
- iPad: Moncage by X.D. Network Inc.;
- Mac: Inscryption by Devolver ;
- Apple TV: El Hijo by HandyGames ;
- Apple Arcade: Wylde Flowers by Studio Drydock Pty Ltd.;
- Game of the Year in China: League of Legends Esports Manager by Shenzhen Tencent Tianyou Technology Ltd.
Also, individual applications received the title of those that had a “cultural impact” on users:
- App How We Feel by How We Feel Project, Inc. offers to write down daily “check-ins”, express difficult emotions in words and offer strategies on how to instantly cope with them;
- Dot’s Home by Rise-Home Stories Project pays attention to the problems of people of different backgrounds;
- The Locket widget by Locket Labs, Inc. helps send photos directly to the home screen of family and friends;
- Inua – A Story in Ice and Time by ARTE Experience offers users a mystical adventure to explore historical events, interwoven with elements of Inuit traditions, folklore and captivating stories;
- And the app Waterllama from Ukrainian spouses Vitaliy and Polina Mogylevets helps you remember to hydrate your body in a pleasant and cheerful way.