For a long time, Apple did not allow ordinary users to participate in testing the beta version of iOS, leaving the testing of the operating system only for developers. But fans of such experiments still cannot be stopped, so there were enough ways to get the beta.
In recent years, after several beta revisions for developers, the company launches public tests for everyone. Such builds can be installed on all company devices, so iPadOS 16 is also now available. Anyone who is ready to risk their own device and data can get their portion of the novelty because no one guarantees the stability of test builds. This must be taken into account and always have backups, if not of the entire system, then of the most important data.
Reminder from Mezha.Media: Unfortunately, the Russian invasion is still ongoing in Ukraine, so it’s critical to keep your gadgets in good working order right now. Beta versions of the operating system never guarantee stable operation and the absence of possible problems with the device itself. Currently, this is an unneeded risk of getting unnecessary problems. So it is better not to experiment on the main working devices. If you have an old smartphone or tablet that works and is compatible with iOS/iPadOS 16, it’s better to use it for this. But if there are none at hand, then it is better not to tempt fate, because sometimes both your safety and the safety of other people may depend on it.
If you are a fan of such entertainment, then the installation instructions are quite simple. First, you need to make sure that your device supports the latest version of the OS. The list of such smartphones includes the following models:
- iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max;
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max;
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max;
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max;
- iPhone X, iPhone XR;
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus;
- iPhone SE (second generation or newer).
Owners of the following Apple tablet models have the chance to see the possibilities of the new operating system on the iPad:
- iPad Pro (all models);
- iPad Air (3rd generation and newer);
- iPad (5th generation and newer);
- iPad mini (5th generation and newer).
If the gadget is on the list, then you can proceed to experiments. The setup procedure is the same for both types of devices. There are just eight quick steps that shouldn’t take more than four minutes:
- Go to the Beta Program Portal where the whole process will start. You need to visit the page from the device on which the test build will be installed. Here you need to log in from your iCloud account, under which the gadget itself is registered;
- Next, you need to register your device for the beta. Here you can immediately go to the Enroll button;
- The next step is to agree to the beta rules, where the company once again reminds that it is not responsible for any errors and problems that may arise with the test version of the OS;
- After that, you can proceed to download the corresponding profile for the smartphone, which is located under the blue Download profile button. A window will immediately appear asking you to confirm the upload of the profile, where you must agree to it;
- Now a new item — Profile Downloaded — will appear in the smartphone settings. You need to go there;
- On the new page there is an Install button, which will start the first procedures. Here, of course, you need to confirm your intentions and enter the password again;
- The penultimate step will be a quick reboot of the device, which it will offer to do;
- Finally, you need to look in Settings -> Main -> Software update, where the long-awaited iOS/iPadOS 16 beta will arrive, which installs like any system update
After that, the download and installation of the new system on the smartphone or tablet will begin. Depending on the device and the speed of the connection to the server, it can be quite a long process, after which you can start getting acquainted with the updates. The full list of new features can be viewed on individual pages of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16.