Today Uber presented its sixth annual ranking of forgotten things, which shows which things Ukrainian users forget most often, in which countries and cities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa forget the most things, days and hours during which people are most forgetful, and, of course, the most unusual items left in cars ordered through Uber.
Among the things that Ukrainians forget most often:
The most unusual things that users left after traveling Uber:
- Trekking stick
- Part of the stroller
- Red puppy
- Dual Monitor System Unit
- 10 litres of oil
Uber has also identified which days of the week and hours users most often report lost items. Most Ukrainian passengers contacted the support service for lost items on Saturdays, Sundays, and Fridays. And the most “forgetful” time – 9 and 10 am, as well as 17:00.
Top 3 most forgetful cities in Ukraine:
The list of 10 most forgetful cities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa includes:
The ten most forgotten countries in Europe, the Middle East and Africa include:
- United Arab Emirates
With thousands of items forgotten in cars around the world every day, Uber allows users to report losses directly in the app, 24/7. Through the app, the passenger contacts the driver who drove them and asks to hand over the found item. Alternatively, you can leave a voice message describing the lost item and the driver will contact you.
How to return forgotten things in Uber
The best way to return a forgotten item is to call the driver. Here’s what to do:
- Click “Your trips” and select the trip;
- Scroll down and click “Recover lost items”;
- Click “Contact driver for forgotten item”;
- Scroll down the page and enter your contact phone number. Click “Submit”;
- If you forgot your phone, enter your friend’s phone number (you can do so by logging in to your account on your computer or using a friend’s phone);
- Uber should call the number provided and connect you directly to your driver;
- If your driver responds and confirms that he has found your thing, agree on a convenient time and place for both;
- If your driver does not respond, leave a detailed voice message describing the forgotten item and the most convenient way to contact you.